In certain applications is required the verification of the correct functioning of the equipment under certain vibration conditions, or during/after a seismic event, for which it is necessary to perform a seismic qualification process.
NUCLEONOVA executes seismic qualification processes by means of analytical justification, numerical modelling or performing tests reproducing the required vibration conditions.
Throughout NUCLEONOVA’s trajectory, seismic qualification processes have been performed on different equipment, using the available methods, and under the required regulations, being able to guarantee the correct documentation of the qualification under any requirement.
- IEEE 344 “Seismic Qualification of Equipment for Nuclear Power Generating Stations”
- IEEE 382 “Qualification of Safety-Related Actuators for Nuclear Power Generating Stations”
- RG 1.100 “Seismic Qualification of Electric an Mechanical Equipment for nuclear Power Plants”
- RG 1.29 “Seismic Design Classification”
- EPRI NP-7484 “Guideline for the Seismic Technical Evaluation of Replacement Items for NPP”
- EPRI NP-6041-SLR1 “A Methodology for Assessment of Nuclear Power Plant Seismic Margin”
- KTA 3504 “Electrical Drive Mechanisms of the Safety System in NPPs”
- KTA 3505 “Type Testing of Measuring Sensors and Transducers of the Safety-Related Instrumentation and Control System”
- IEC 60068-2 “Environmental testing – Vibration”
- IEC 60980 “Recommended practices for seismic qualification”